Causes of Hair Loss
Both men and women experience hair loss, although it is more frequent and perhaps more noticeable in men.
The most common reason for noticing hair loss and baldness is genetics. Over 90% of men and women who complain about hair loss problems face changes in ‘Andro’ hormone levels, a trait that is inherited from their parents (‘Genetic’).
Androgens hormone is involved in Androgenetic Alopecia. When the levels of androgen increase, it causes shortening of hair growth Anagen stage and delays the new hair growth. The proportions of follicles also shrink and start producing hairs that are barely visible and have no pigment. If you carry this genetic marker or trait, you might suffer from hair loss problems.
The hair loss occurs in male and female pattern hair loss or male pattern baldness in Androgens alopecia. It can begin at any time after a person enters puberty and becomes more progressive with growing age.
Hair loss may also be a temporary reaction to a trigger that improves once it is removed and hair growth returns to its normal pattern. Some triggers can’t be reversed without medical help. The temporary increase in shedding occurs 2-4 months after the trigger event and may last for several months or can be ongoing.
Reversible Hair Loss Triggers are:
- Stress: Stress can cause hundreds of health problems, and hair loss is one of them. Losing hair is very common in stress, or if you already have a hair loss problem, stress can increase the pace of losing hair.
- Poor Diet: Not offering enough nutrients to the body that defines hair growth may cause hair loss. A poor diet with insufficient protein, a major component of hair development, can inhibit hair follicle growth.
- Smoking: Smoking decreases the oxygen and increases carbon monoxide in the blood. When supplied to your scalp, this impurified can damage your hair follicles.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Hormonal Imbalance is the temporary reason for hair loss. For example, Thyroid hormonal imbalance can cause hair loss and a drop in estrogen levels in women before and after childbirth, and menopause can also cause hair loss.
- Diseases or Infections: Diseases or Infections, such as eczema, skin infections or trauma, are the major reason for noticing hair loss.
What can I do If my hair is falling out?
To prevent hair loss, it is important to start focusing on your general health. If your body is in a good state, your chances of suffering from hair loss will decrease. Focus on your diet and stop smoking if your hair loss reason is stress. It will reverse the issue without getting any further hair loss treatment or improve the success rate of hair loss treatment.
A correct hair loss diagnosis is required to understand whether you will be benefited from any treatment option available or not. About two-thirds of people (men and women) suffering from hair loss issues undergo some form of treatment without a proper hair loss diagnosis or spend a large amount on shampoos, lotions, and medicines that don’t work for them. So, to save your time, money, and hair, you should get a correct hair loss diagnosis.
At DHI India, treatment options are personalised to individual requirements based on sound medical knowledge and experience. DHI will offer an accurate diagnosis, answer all your related questions, and guide you with the right treatment options. It will help you save every penny you might invest in getting the wrong treatment.
As per many leading Trichologists or hair specialists, the frequency of reactive hair loss is increasing day by day. The reactive hair loss is known as Telogen Effluvium. Hair thinning and occasional hair fall are parts of the natural hair growth cycle and ageing. However, nowadays, many young people complain about excessive hair shedding in a particular area. It may occur because more hair follicles are going into the telogen or resting stage of the hair growth cycle or type of “Shock” to the follicles.
As the dynamics of living life have changed, more and more people are moving towards narrower diets. Even there has been a drastic increase in social and professional stress levels. These are the major reasons for noticing an increase in hair thinning problems among people. Let’s talk about Telogen Effluvium, its causes, and related prevention and treatments.
Telogen Effluvium (TE) is the type of hair thinning that we typically notice on the top of the scalp. This problem is more common among women. It occurs because more hair follicles start going into the resting or telogen stage of the hair growth cycle. A person suffering from Telogen Effluvium notices excessive shedding. Various factors cause this kind of reduction in the number of hair follicles.
Hair specialists face a lot of challenges while diagnosing Telogen Effluvium as it is the onset of noticeable hair shedding that can happen for several months after undergoing any significant or stressful event and change in diet. Additionally, the Fad diets and increase in veganism and vegetarianism can cause Telogen Effluvium among women.
To promote natural growth and stay healthy, hair requires protein, nutrients, and minerals. When the body is not getting these essential elements, hair growth suffers. The hair follicles will start starving for these elements and be forced into the resting and then shedding stage. This entire cycle takes between 2-4 months, and the hair loss is noticed much faster than its actual cause.
People Suffer from Telogen Effluvium because of these key reasons:
- Excessive Stress
- Emotional Shock
- Illness or Infection
- Imbalanced Diet
- A diet lacking in sufficient protein, nutrients, and minerals.
If you suffer from hair loss, think about what event happened approximately 3 months prior. Were you grieving, or did you endure another very stressful event? Did you go on a juice fast? Or perhaps you were ill.
What should you do to treat or prevent Telogen Effluvium?
The first step to preventing Telogen Effluvium is to add enough protein and nutrients to your diet. Secondly, you must focus on the factor that your body is absorbing enough nutrients to trigger excessive hair shedding. Even the minor nutrient deficiencies in your body can decrease the survival and withhold of hair. People suffering from this kind of hair loss otherwise appear healthy and fit. Other ways to treat Telogen Effluvium are:
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly, looking after yourself, and reducing stress levels.
- Ensure to get the correct TE diagnosis before sticking to treatment.
- Seek specialist advice and medical diagnosis before assuming that you have TE.
Risks & Complications
Every surgical procedure is associated with some risks and potential complications, like excessive bleeding, poor wound healing, scarring, and infection. These risks and complications can be minimised by properly maintaining good health and following the pre-and post-operative instructions.
Sometimes, people complain about hair standing straight up on end, poor hair follicle survival rate, damage to the donor site, pain, and scars; these are caused by the bad hair transplant. To avoid them, you must choose the right hair transplant clinic and treatment for yourself.
Hair transplant directly makes you look good and improves your self-esteem and confidence. So, don’t risk the results by choosing a cheap procedure. You can book the consultation with the hair transplant experts and discuss everything with them. Depending on the favorability of the answers, the doctor’s knowledge and experience, and the clinic’s portfolio, you can make a decision.
Warning Signs from Hair Transplant:
When researching hair transplantation options, always focus on a few factors that play a major role in ensuring the best results. Here are a few points you should keep in mind while researching:
- Results: A bad hair transplant can make your transplanted hair look like a wig. Some clinics ask the technicians rather than doctors to perform the procedure as it saves cost. In some cases, the procedure is performed by two different people, which can end up with half a head of hair implanted at one angle and the other half at a different angle. Always check the before and after results of the clinic before visiting it.
- Care of the Follicles: Care of the follicles is very important during the extraction and implantation phase. It decided the survival rate and success rate. There should be minimal handling of the hair follicles, and special tools are used for them. Also, the hair follicles should be stored in the growth solution during the waiting time.
- Care of the Donor Area: Scarring in the donor area poses two significant issues: the scar may be visible under short hair, and the damage may result in inadequate follicles being available for use if a second transplant is needed.
What’s Different About DHI
- Procedures are done from start to finish by a Certified Doctor, not technicians, to ensure consistency and quality.
- Minimum handling of hair follicles results in a high survival rate, consistently over 90%, and fewer donor hairs are needed. DHI is the only hair restoration clinic in India that use Hypothermosol in hair transplants. This sustains the survival rate of the hair up to 100%.
- Patented technique - the most delicate hair transplant method. No scalpels, no stitches, virtually pain-free, no detectable scarring, short recovery time.
- Natural results GUARANTEED.
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) is considered the latest and most advanced technique for performing hair transplants. It involves no detectable scarring, stitches, or scalpels and is a very comfortable procedure performed in a single sitting. In this procedure, the hair follicles are extracted from the donor area using the 1mm diameter specialised tool designed for performing the extraction process.
DHI is the only Indian hair transplant clinic to store the extracted hair graft in Hypothermosol, a growth solution that helps DHI doctors to sustain a 100% graft survival rate. The grafts are implanted using DHI implanters that offer DHI doctors full control over hair follicles' direction, density, depth, and angle and ensure 100% natural results.
Experience and Qualifications:
Hair transplantation procedures can be performed by technicians, assistants, robots, or doctors. The best results can be attained when the doctors perform the procedure. As every individual is different and has different hair transplant requirements, the procedure should be customised for each of them.
Certified DHI Doctors perform DHI hair transplants from start to end. DHI Certified Doctors undergo stringent testing and certification through the London Hair Restoration Academy with ongoing training to ensure their skills, knowledge, and experience are cutting-edge. The first step for a successful hair transplant is an overall hair loss diagnosis.
DHI hair transplant procedure involves patented techniques and tools, which help DHI doctors to offer optimum results. To achieve the most delicate hair transplant method that can offer 100% natural results, extensive research and development have been invested.
DHI is the only hair restoration clinic in India to GUARANTEE natural results.
Facilities and Patient Care
DHI India ensures that you feel comfortable and be in good hands from the time you enter the clinic to the time you come for the last follow-up appointment. Patient care and the best facilities are our priority.
Length of Surgery
A normal hair transplant procedure can take between 6 to 10 hours in one sitting. DHI doctors don’t rush the procedure to ensure precise and natural results during the implantation procedures.
Questions You need to ask
The hair Transplant procedure offers lifelong and 100% natural results. When selecting the clinic, your focus should not be on price, as it may drive you into regret. When selecting the hair transplant clinic, you should look for answers to these questions:
- What is the total cost of a hair transplant? Will I need another hair transplant procedure? Is there any additional cost involved?
- Do you offer natural results?
- Who will perform the hair transplant? What are their qualifications and experience?
- Are there any before and after results pictures of your past candidates?
- Do you offer post-surgery instructions?
- When can I return to work after a hair transplant?
- Will the procedure involve any scars?
For a personalised quote and hair loss diagnosis, book in for a consultation at one of our clinics in Delhi, Gurugram, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Kochi, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Calicut, Guwahati, Coimbatore, Lucknow.