Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC) Treatment for Hair Loss
Hair loss has become one of the common problems today, which requires instant action to stop it. But fortunately, it can be reserved and regained quickly with the person’s platelets, without any specific surgery, i.e., with Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC) Therapy Treatment.
What is Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy Treatment?
GFC is a non-surgical treatment that uses your blood platelets to stimulate hair growth. It is completely safe and improves the thickness and density of hair in thinning or affected areas by injecting growth factors and enhancing the overall blood supply in that area.
Blood Platelets are enriched with various growth factors. Wockhardt Scientists extract them from the blood at a high concentration as a Growth Factor Concentrate is a specially designed Wockhardt GFC kit. The collected GFC is then administered at the site to be treated with precise tools and specialists. The overall process involves no platelet loss and is non-pyrogenic, secure, and regenerates damaged tissues naturally.
This advanced and latest hair loss treatment helps people get the best results in only 3-4 sittings. Therefore, it is considered the best procedure to undergo to restore lost hair.
What are the different Growth Factors associated with GFC Treatment?
Various growth factors are stored in blood platelets, which help regenerate and repair the tissues and stem cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation. Thus, each GFC plays a different role in fighting hair loss.
- Platelet-derived Growth Factor (PDGF): PDGF helps increase hair growth and works as a stimulator for Vascularisation and Angiogenesis. It also helps in the mitogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells and endothelial cells and proliferation and chemotaxis of fibroblasts.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): VEGF is expressed in DP cells in the anagen phase of hair and regulates perifollicular angiogenesis in hair. It also increases perifollicular vessel size during the anagen growth phase to make the process smooth.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): EGF promotes hair cell proliferation and regeneration and stimulates mitogenesis of mesenchymal and epithelial cells. Additionally, it also stimulates angiogenesis.
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1): IGF-1 maintains HF growth, increases overall hair growth, and works as an angiogenesis stimulator.
These are extracted from the platelets at high concentrations and stored in a GFC therapy kit
with precise mechanisms.
How is GFC prepared?
Step 1: Collection of Blood.
15ml to 16ml of the patient’s peripheral blood is collected and equally distributed in 4 GFC tubes.
Step 2: Activation of Platelet and Release of Growth Factors or GFs.
In this step, the blood is gently mixed by inverting the tube 6-10 times and then allowing them to stand for approximately 30 minutes. The GFC treatment helps activate platelets by Wockhardt proprietary platelet-activating solution present in the tube and releasing PDGF, VEGF, EGF, and IGF-1 from the platelets.
Step 3: Separation of GFC.
All four tubes are then centrifuged at 3400 rpm for 10 minutes, assisting with counterbalancing. In addition, it helps in separating pure GPs from RBCs, WBCs, and other blood cells present in them.
Step 4: Collection of GFC.
The tubes are invested in collecting Autologous growth factor concentrate and GFC. GFC’s are gathered at the cap of the tube, and with the help of collecting a syringe, they are collected. The tip of the needle is inserted just under the tube’s cap. It allows maximum recovery of GFC.
Step 5: Application of GFC.
The collected GFC is now ready for Application. The colour of GFC output can range from yellow- yellowish brown-orange to reddish.
What are the Directions for Use?
- Each Folirich GFC therapy kit is used for one patient in a single sitting.
- It is recommended to have three sittings for three months to get the best results.
- Results are associated with reduced hair fall and an increase in hair count and hair thickness.
- If needed, one sitting can be repeated before 4-6 months of the procedure, and the entire therapy can be repeated every year.
What are the Benefits of Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy?
GFC Therapy is the next-generation hair loss treatment that delivers one’s growth factors at higher concentrations.
- Highly effective and promotes natural and enhanced regeneration.
- Statistically significant increase in hair count and thickness guaranteed.
- 100% safe and prepared from the candidate’s blood.
- Zero RBCs and WBCs are involved, which decreases pain and inflammation risk.
- Convenience and quality are guaranteed from the procedure.
- Less number of sessions are required to get optimum results.
- It considerably reduces hair fall and rejuvenates hair follicles.
- It improves hair thickness and volume.
- It strengthens the hair grafts and promotes hair growth.
GFC Hair Treatment – Before and After
Witness the remarkable transformation with GFC hair treatment at DHI. Explore the captivating GFC hair treatment before-and-after stories that showcase the effectiveness of our GFC treatment results. Experience the confidence that comes with visibly improved hair texture and density.
Our GFC hair treatment results speak volumes about our commitment to excellence. At DHI, we pride ourselves on being the go-to destination for those seeking genuine and lasting transformations. Embrace the positive change with our proven GFC treatment for hair results. Choose DHI for a journey that goes beyond expectations, where every before-and-after is a testament to our expertise in revitalising your hair.
How is GFC Therapy Different from PRP
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma treatment started back in the 1970s as a thrombocytopenia medium; then finally, in the 2000s, it became popular in Cosmetology. PRP is the biological product or portion of autologous blood plasma with the above baseline platelet concentration. It has a variable outcome each time. The single spin or double spin techniques were used, where removing RBCs and WBCs was difficult. Even the healing effect was associated with post-procedural pain and inflammation.
While using this therapy for hair loss treatment, many challenges were faced- It did not provide growth factors but platelets, no standardised protocols were involved, no determining quality and quantity clarity, conflicting results, and complexity of the procedure.
GFC treatments are also derived from the patient’s blood, and only high concentrations of growth factors are derived from platelet activation. Therefore, there is no platelet loss, and the overall procedure is effortless to perform. Additionally, unlike PRP, the GFC can be stored for 8 hours at room temperature and 4 degrees Celsius for seven days. Thus, the overall results are optimum, with minimal chances of pain, inflammation, and infection, and the whole procedure takes less time.
Who are the Best Candidates for Growth Factor Concentrate Therapy?
GFC therapy is equally effective for males and females with the early or late signs of Alopecia. However, to ensure, it is essential to get your scalp diagnosed by specialised doctors. They will suggest the best possible treatment for your hair loss.
How Much Does GFC Hair Treatment Cost?
GFC treatment is highly affordable despite being an innovative hair loss treatment and superiorly better than PRP. In addition, it offers visible results within the first sessions of the therapy, depending on the treated area.
The GFC treatment cost can be a deciding factor in your hair restoration journey. At DHI, we prioritise affordability without compromising on the quality of our services.
The GFC treatment cost in India may range from INR 20000 to 100000. However, the cost of GFC hair treatment may vary based on the extent of your hair loss and the number of sessions you would require.
Our transparent pricing structure ensures you know the GFC treatment cost upfront, helping you make informed decisions. Experience the transformative power of GFC therapy at competitive prices.
Unveil the secret to luscious locks with GFC hair treatment at DHI, your trusted destination for hair restoration. Choose excellence, choose affordability – choose DHI for your GFC hair treatment needs. Your journey to healthier hair begins with us.
What are the Post-treatment Instructions to Follow?
- Avoid combing or touching your hair or scalp for a day.
- Prevent sweating caused by exhausting physical work and heavy workouts for approximately four days after the procedure has been performed.
- Do not shampoo hair for 1-2 days, and after that, only apply products suggested by the doctor.
- Regular Application of topical medication or drugs intake is required as per the doctor’s advice.
Note: All these restrictions vary from patient to patient.
Follirich GFC hair treatment for hair loss offers significantly higher CD62P, minimum operator dependent variation, no closed system-contamination, in vitro platelet activation, and no RBCs and WBCs. The GFC’s are derived from the patient’s blood using precise practices. It offers the best results for both male and female patients. The experiential kits were used by 200 dermatologists and can show a statistically significant increase in hair count and hair thickness. Visit us and ask for ready to inject, Follirich Autologous GFC Therapy Kit.
Book Your Consultation with DHI’s Hair Specialist!
This content is written by DHI content team and medically reviewed by Dr. Deepak Choudhary a highly skilled and experienced hair transplant surgeon. To learn more about Dr Deepak, visit his LinkedIn Profile.