Precautions Post DHI Hair Transplant Procedure
Hair is the crown of our head, and we all should be proud of it. At DHI India, we believe in offering pioneer hair transplants to people of every age group and gender so they can get their lost hair and confidence back.
Before comparing the cost, one must check on the technique used by the clinic and the surgeon doing the procedure. It is very important to read reviews and compare the results before finalizing the clinic. However, after undergoing a DHI hair transplant, taking some precautions is essential as it will impact your hair growth. We have compiled all the major precautions that you can make as a part of post-treatment care.
11 Precautions to take after getting DHI Hair Transplant:
1. Avoid Drinking and Smoking: If you are a smoker or consume alcohol very frequently, you must quit these two habits before undergoing a hair transplant. Smoking elevates blood pressure, and alcohol causes dehydration, which are two major factors for prolonging your recovery time and making the recovery stage uncertain.
It also reduces blood and important nutrients supply to your head. It plays a major role to elevate new and healthy hair growth. So, avoid alcohol for 1 month before surgery and 5 days after undergoing it, quit smoking a few months before your hair transplant date, and avoid it for the first 4 weeks after the surgery.
2. Avoid Excessive Sweating: After the DHI hair transplant, avoid excessive exercise for at least a week after the procedure. Also, avoid indulging in other activities that can cause excessive sweating, like spa, sauna, and steam.
3. Say no to Fast Food: After the DHI hair transplant body needs food that is healthy and rich in nutrition. Healthy and nutrition-rich food promote healthy blood flow, adequate hydration within the body, and smooth recovery after a hair transplant. It is important also for your hair to grow thicker, softer, stronger, and healthily. Fast food might make your taste buds happy, but it will never fulfill the nutrient requirements of your body. So, avoid that.
If you think you cannot get appropriate nutrients from your diet, look for supplements like protein, biotin, magnesium, protein, zinc, iron, and vitamin B6 to fulfill your body’s requirements. You can also choose multivitamin supplements for this purpose.
4. Avoid soaking up the Sun: Coming in contact with direct sunlight can also delay your recovery after a hair transplant. So, avoid going out in direct sunlight between 10 AM and 2 PM for 2 weeks after the surgery. And if it’s very necessary, avoid staying in sunlight for too long or cover your head with a breathable fabric.
5. Take precautions while sleeping: You should avoid the treated area from rubbing against your pillow or hard surface for the first week after getting a hair transplant, as it might impact the results. And if it’s difficult for you, invest in a weighted blanket or sleep on a recliner chair.
6. Drink Plenty of water: Water is important for our body to stay hydrated, and it is also a necessity before and after a hair transplant. It will make you more comfortable throughout the process and promote a speedy recovery.
DHI suggests drinking 10% more water than usual after the procedure to notice a positive difference in recovery. You can also download an app to remind you to drink water and keep a record. To determine that you are drinking an ample amount of water, check your urine’s color. If you are offering the right amount of water to your body, it will be translucent or very pale yellow in color.
7. Never apply ice directly to your scalp: Ice has a hard surface, and rubbing it against the treated area will impact the hair transplant results. You should even avoid touching your scalp for 72 hours after the surgery. Your scalp may become itchy for some time, but you should never scratch it and gently apply the ornament to that area.
8. Don’t drive: The hair transplant may be performed under strong sedation or anesthesia, which makes the person’s brain numb for some time. So, performing any activity that requires a lot of concentration, like driving, should be avoided for at least the next 24 hours. You can ask someone else to drive you home from the clinic or book a taxi for yourself.
9. Never ignore your labels: Ignoring the labels on your prescribed medications after a hair transplant can drive you into the worst condition. You should prefer resting after taking heavy medicines. Additionally, the medicines should be consumed with a meal, as suggested on the label or by your surgeon. For instance, Antibiotics should be used in the prescribed amount to avoid the risk of infection, and painkillers should be consumed with a meal to avoid gastrointestinal distress.
10. Avoid Dyeing your Hair: You shouldn’t dye your hair for at least 4 weeks after the hair transplant as it might include harsh chemicals that can compromise the success rate of transplanted hair follicles. The transplanted hair follicles are extremely fragile for several weeks after the surgery, and extra care is required for them to grow properly. So, avoid dyeing for the time you start noticing consistent growth.
11. Remember that your hair will fall out: The transplanted hair falls out, 10% to 15% of hair, after a few weeks of surgery, and it is an extremely normal and healthy part of hair growth. They are in the shedding phase, and you should expect fallout. Just don’t panic and don’t think your hair follicles are damaged. The new hair will replace them within 3 months, and they will grow thicker, healthier, and stronger.
We hope now you get an idea of what you should avoid after getting a DHI hair transplant.
Book your Consultation at DHI India today:
A Hair Transplant is a permanent solution for hair loss-related issues caused due to genetics, medications, stress, age, or any other factor. It can help people regain their lost hair, confidence, and self-esteem.
At DHI India, qualified surgeons use top-notch equipment to present every candidate with the best natural and satisfactory results. After the surgery, the candidates have to take certain precautions to achieve the best out of their surgery. The precautions depend on the type of hair transplant, environmental factors, and the candidate’s health conditions.
To book your consultation with DHI Surgeons and learn more about the hair transplant cost, the number of grafts required for satisfactory results, and your next step, contact DHI India.