Understanding Receding Hairlines: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
Has your forehead become much broader in the past couple of months? Are your hairlines becoming thinner day by day? Comparing the percentages, receding hairline in men is much more prevalent than receding hairline in women. According to researchers, hereditary traits are reported to be the key factor behind this disorder.
Most men take the serious symptoms of receding hairline casually in the beginning and regret it later. When the signs of receding hairline appear, you may mistake it for normal hair fall. It may become late when you finally actualize that your hairlines have become thinner.
Handy treatment options are available for this condition and seeking professional help at the right time can help you deal with receding hairlines better. Receding hairline treatment usually involves diagnosing the root cause of receding hairline in your case and fixing that.
This blog will educate you on self-diagnose receding hairline at the initial stage and how to prevent this condition. So, read on to learn everything about receding hairlines.
What is a Receding Hairline?
Hair loss experts and dermatologists use the term ‘receding hairline’ to define a condition where your hairlines start thinning gradually. The hair-thinning process usually starts from the frontal side of your head, most likely from the temples.
The nature of hair loss in this condition is pretty much different from general hair loss. In general hair loss, new hair strands grow in place of the fallen strands. That does not happen in the case of a receding hairline. Damaged hair follicles are the prime reason behind this chronic condition.
If you’re experiencing something like this, you need to look for an effective receding hairline solution immediately to protect your overall appearance.
Signs If You Have Receding Hairline
Receding hairline is often misdiagnosed as normal hair fall and the treatment procedure gets prolonged due to that. As you get detailed information about the early signs of receding hairline, it’s possible to seek treatment as early as possible. This section will cover all the early signs of the condition to help you get rid of it faster.
- A drastic difference in your normal hair texture will become prevalent as your hairline starts to recede. Men in their 20s usually have thick and dense hair and that tends to shift to a thinner texture in the case of receding hairlines. Hair strands also become weaker and they get uprooted from the follicles even by the mildest pull.
- Photographs are a great way to tell whether your hairlines have started receding or not. Your hair in the older photographs may look much different from your recent photos if you’re suffering due to hairline receding. Your forehead may look wider in your recent photos, which is a vital significator of receding hairlines.
- Your hair volume may also get reduced if you’re the sufferer of receding hairline. It’s normal for an adult individual to lose up to 100 hair strands daily. But as you keep losing more hair strands due to receding hairlines, your overall hair volume may reduce significantly.
- In the case of receding hairlines, you will find fallen hair strands everywhere around you. You may witness broken hair strands on your pillow as you wake up in the morning. The volume of lost hair will keep increasing with time.
- The way you used to comb or style your hair will also change due to this pathetic condition. As your hair volume won’t be the same as before, you won’t be able to style your hair as you used to.
- Your hairline will take the shape of an ‘M’ gradually and the shape will keep becoming more and more prominent.
If you’re facing more than one of these symptoms, it’s time to pay a little more attention to the issue. All these are indicative signs of receding hairlines and taking timely cautions can help you address the condition more smartly.
Here’s a self-help video by Dr. Kuntal Deb Barma from the DHI India team to help you understand more about hair fall and hair shedding
How To Prevent Receding Hairline?
Millions of young people across the world are keen on knowing how to stop receding hairline. Many of them are even panicking about whether it’s possible to get rid of this issue permanently or not. Firstly, comfort yourself with the fact that the condition is preventable.
You need to take action as soon as the early signs of receding hairline appear. Here we are mentioning a few things that will help you prevent this chronic condition to some extent.
- Over-styling must be avoided to prevent the progression of hairline receding. Dermatologists have confirmed that the majority of hairline receding cases are caused due to over-styling hair. Applying heat and other things to style hair in a certain way causes your hairlines to become thinner.
- You must avoid tight hairstyles if you want to free yourself from the embarrassing effects of hairline receding. This includes back-brushing as well. Shift to a simpler hairstyle if you want your hair to sustain longer.
- Stay away from applying chemical products of any kind to your hair. Hair colours are reported to cause heavy damage to hair. You should not think of colouring your hair if you’re experiencing the symptoms of hairline receding.
- It’s better if you switch to a lighter herbal shampoo that is more gentle on your hair and scalp.
- Consuming fatty foods and smoking cigarettes may worsen your condition and you should try your best to avoid them altogether.
These are the preventive measures you need to take if you want to stop your hairline from receding further. If you have already reached an advanced stage of hairline receding, medical consultation is a must.
Treatment Options for Receding Hairline
‘Can a receding hairline grow back?’- is the general query of an enormous number of people who are suffering due to the issue. Well, effective treatment options are there to help you and they are easily accessible too. Let’s discover the available treatment options for this serious condition.
- Over-the-counter drugs are prescribed by many dermatologists for treating hairline receding. Minoxidil and some other drugs of a similar kind are very popular for treating hair fall issues. These drugs are helpful for people with hairline receding problems as well.
- Those searching for safer alternatives to OTC drugs can opt for herbal treatment options. Herbs like Chinese Hibiscus, Saw Palmetto, and Ginseng is vastly used across different countries to fight hair fall issues. The natural properties present in these herbs do wonders in terms of preventing receding hairline.
- Massaging your scalp with essential oil is also a natural remedy for hairline thinning. This can also help you regrow hair to some extent.
- Scientists have found light therapy to be very effective in treating hairline receding. Low-level light is used in this therapy to nourish the damaged hair follicles to ensure hair regrowth.
- Higher levels of stress and anxiety contribute to hairline receding at times. This is also a crucial factor behind the condition. If elevating anxiety levels are the reason behind the thinning of your hairlines, your doctor may prescribe antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills to combat the situation.
- PRP therapy is also a well-recognized treatment procedure for hairline receding. Platelets-rich plasma is injected into your scalp to stimulate hair growth across your hairline.
- Hair transplantation is the most sustainable solution for hairline receding. Despite being costlier than other treatment options, this one turns out to be the most beneficial solution for hairline receding.
How Can DHI Help You Get Rid of Hairline Receding?
If you’re fighting an advanced stage of hairline receding, a hair transplant is the only way out for you. Here DHI comes into play. DHI helps you restore your young look with the smartest technology.
With a 99% customer satisfaction rate, DHI stands tall amidst the growing competition in the hair transplantation market. Also, we are proud to assure a 97% graft survival rate, which is almost 47% higher than the industry average.
Our skilled and qualified implant experts will make the transplantation procedure completely safe and seamless. In addition to that, we promise you painless transplantation. You can get all these advantages as you opt for our services.
You’re neither the first nor the last person on the earth facing hairline receding. It’s indeed scary to see fallen hair strands all over your shirts and pillows, but treatment plans are available. With the right diet and a customized treatment plan, you can subside the effects of hairline receding forever.
This blog has educated you about everything related to receding hairline. So, don’t panic and seek medical help to stop your hairline from receding at an early stage. Book a consultation with a DHI hair expert for medical opinion and diagnosis.