Hair Transplants: Not Just for Men! How Women Are Benefiting Too
A hair transplant is a surgery to treat hair loss. In general, people who experience severe hair loss and want a permanent solution for hair loss to opt for a hair transplant procedure.
Baldness is a significant problem for people, whether male or female. Extreme hair loss or baldness is not just limited to males; anybody can experience hair loss, including females.
Whether you’re a male or female candidate, you can get world-class treatment and surgeons at DHI India.
Yes, a hair transplant procedure is suitable for both men and women. However, hair transplant surgeons perform various techniques to implant the hair follicles in the bald area.
This article provides a detailed explanation of hair transplant, including whether or not it is an option for women.
Therefore, please keep reading and learning about them to clarify how women benefit from hair transplant surgery.
So, let’s get started…
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that helps people restore hair and grow naturally. People who experience hair loss can opt for a hair transplant procedure to get fuller hair growth. A hair transplant procedure involves transplanting healthy hair follicles from one area to another. A surgeon will extract healthy hair follicles from the back or sides of your scalp and then implant them in the balding region. These hair follicles take around 3 – 6 months to set appropriately. And it takes about 9 – 12 months to witness fuller hair growth. It would be best to look for the best hair transplant clinics. A trustworthy clinic with experienced surgeons can only help you get the best results.
Is Hair Transplant Suitable Only for Males?
This question is frequently on women’s minds, which explains why the proportion of males undergoing hair transplants is more significant than that of females. However, the truth is both males and females can get hair transplants. Both get equal benefits from hair transplant surgeries.
Besides getting fuller hair, women can also opt for hair transplant techniques for scalp and eyebrow transplantation.
Why Do Women Need A Hair Transplant?
Like any other men, women must undergo hair transplantation when they experience hair thinning or loss. They can experience female pattern baldness or baldness in a particular area, such as hair receding in their hairline. In addition, they may opt for a hair transplant if there is a reduction in hair density or they witness constant hair shedding.
However, these conditions might arise because of regular medications, heredity, hormonal imbalance, stress, pollution, and a poor lifestyle. Some women even experience hair loss due to menopause. Therefore, a hair transplant is an effective solution for females to restore fuller hair growth.
According to the study, the problems vary for men and women. Men also experience hair loss and even baldness due to other reasons.
Let’s know about the difference between hair loss in men and women.
How Hair Loss Differs Between Men and Women
Severe hair loss in men results in extensive balding; they can identify the changes from the beginning. Hair loss is a common issue experienced by many women, leading to hair thinning.
When talking about female-pattern baldness, you can witness the overall thinning of the hair even though it maintains a normal hairline. However, there is no need to worry about such conditions because you can use the hair transplant procedure.
It helps you overcome the horrifying nightmares of many women as well as men.
Best Hair Transplant Technique for Women
Hair transplant surgeons mainly use three hair transplant techniques.
- DHI Total Care System: DHITM – Direct Hair Implantation Technique
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
All of the three techniques are effective solutions for hair loss. However, the best of all is the DHI Total Care System: DHITM – Direct Hair Implantation Technique. It is the most advanced technique among the other procedures. In this procedure, surgeons remove the hair follicles from the donor site and implant them in the area experiencing hair thinning. The hair transplant from the DHITM technique is the least invasive and pain-free procedure. That’s why more people opt for this hair transplant technique in India and abroad. The best thing about this technique is that it offers the highest graft survival rate. This method gives you the best results and is suitable for even female candidates. So, if you are a woman experiencing hair thinning, this technique is the best selection for you.
Why Choose a Hair Transplant at the DHI clinic?
DHI technique and its benefits are propriety to DHI Medical Group. Some clinics and doctors try to copy this and claim to use the DHI technique which is misleading. The following features are exclusively available at DHI-authorised clinics only.
1) We are proud to be ranked #1 on customer satisfaction in a hair transplant industry survey by IMRB. Our customer satisfaction rate is more than 99%. We also received the Customer Excellence Award from Quantic and numerous other awards & accreditations from medical bodies across the world.
3) We provide hair restoration services for all stages of hair loss for men and women. This includes high growth factor PRP/GFC therapies and Activa Regenera treatment for early-stage alopecia, hair transplant for all stages of alopecia, and highest quality natural human hair cosmetic patches for very advanced stages of alopecia. Our range of hair loss treatment products and nutraceuticals have the highest-grade active ingredients and you can shop for them here.
4) All procedures are performed from start to finish by DHI doctors trained and certified by the London Hair Restoration Academy. All the surgeons are focused on hair restoration procedures only. Every procedure goes through strict quality control.
5) All procedures are performed as per strict standard operating protocols accredited with the UK Care Quality Commission and ISO standards.
6) The world’s safest hair transplant procedure performed in sterile environment as per comprehensive safety protocols. All procedures are performed only after proper diagnosis and medical tests.
7) Perfect control over angle, depth, and direction with our patented implanter. Only the highest quality imported instruments are used in the procedure and discarded after every procedure.
8) One-step implantation to ensure min graft handling. Highest graft survival rate of over 90% as compared to 50-90% in other clinics.
9) No stitches, no pain, no scarring, and no downtime. You can return to work the next day. Just a short procedure to regrow your hair naturally and permanently. Daily Mail UK titled DHI as the “Lunch Hour Transplant” (click here to read the article).
10) Achieve strong density in a session compared to other low-density techniques such as FUE and FUT.
11) Natural Results Guaranteed – The DHI technique gives you a perfectly natural result and others will only know you had a transplant if you tell them.
12) DHI is the world’s largest hair restoration medical group from Greece, focusing on research, innovation, and education in the field of hair restoration for more than 50 years. We have 75 clinics in 45 countries serving more than 5,00,000 satisfied customers. Top celebrities from the world of entertainment, sports, business, and politics only trust DHI for their hair restoration!
The Top Benefits of a Hair Transplant for Women
So far, you’ve explored the different types of hair transplant surgery and their advantages. In this section, you’re going to explore how hair transplant surgery is beneficial for women.
Enhances Hair Density Naturally
Many women find their dense, long hair their primary source of attraction. However, if they start to experience hair loss, it causes dissatisfaction in them. In such a situation, hair transplant surgery comes in handy. A hair transplant surgery helps them enhance the overall density of the hair. Your surgeon will graft new healthy hair follicles to the balding region to make it look dense. Other than this, transplant surgery is a natural way to elevate your appearance. Surgeons will never use chemical or artificial techniques to graft the new hair. In that instance, every woman can enhance her hair density naturally.
Thin hair or baldness not only influences your appearance but also affects your self-confidence. More often than not, women start to feel low and depressed due to their hair loss. They even begin disliking their appearance or feeling less confident, adversely affecting their life. In addition, these things greatly influence their professional and personal lives. But fortunately, with a hair transplant, you can get rid of all the low and depressed feelings. Hair transplant is an effective method to restore your hair. Also, it boosts your self-esteem and doubles the happiness in your life.
Another significant benefit a hair transplant patient can enjoy is getting permanent results. Yes, following proper pre- and post-hair transplant care tips ensures permanent results after a certain period. Hence, it is crucial for every woman who undergoes hair transplant surgery to follow her doctor’s aftercare instructions religiously. Usually, these instructions include taking medicines on time, eating balanced, nutritious, and rich foods, avoiding strenuous exercise, avoiding chemical-based shampoos, avoiding harsh styling, etc. Following your doctor’s instructions will enhance hair growth. With the right hair transplant and proper aftercare, every woman can be sure of the best and most permanent hair transplant results.
Hair transplant surgery is the safest procedure. It is crucial to find a reputable hair transplant facility for your treatment. Doctors at reputable facilities always ensure your safety. Also, they keep your unique needs in mind when performing hair transplants and use cutting-edge tools and technology to provide the best results. So, be conscious while approaching the clinic for this treatment.
Elevate Overall Appearance
Undoubtedly, patients can witness enhanced hair growth after the transplant surgery. Hair transplant surgeries are a permanent solution for baldness and hair loss problems. These sorts of things improve your entire appearance, which in turn boosts your level of confidence. Thus, if you’re experiencing hair loss or thinning problems, you must choose hair transplant surgery to enhance your appearance and confidence.
High Success Rate
For sure, many women hesitate to get a hair transplant due to side effects and other impacts. However, you don’t have to worry about risks and complications with the proper hair transplant treatment, such as DHI Total Care System. This is because of the extremely high success rate of the transplant. Indeed, when compared to other treatment modalities, the DHI Total Care System has the highest success rate. Additionally, the DHI Total Care System has the highest graft survival rate, over 90%. This treatment is one that women can trust and enjoy the benefits it offers.
Cost-effective and Low-maintenance
Cost is an essential factor to be noted in any treatment. DHI Total Care System is known for its cost-effectiveness, and you can effortlessly maintain the hair after the treatment. However, you must follow the prescriptions and the surgeon’s advice before and after the hair transplant surgery. By ensuring proper pre- and post-surgery care, you can witness long-lasting results, i.e., enhanced hair growth for life.
A hair transplant is a surgery with enormous benefits. Whether you’re a male or female candidate suffering from severe hair loss, hair thinning, or baldness, you can opt for this treatment. Make sure you choose the best surgeon and world-class clinic to get long-lasting results for a lifetime.
DHI India is your best option for the best hair transplant clinic. At DHI India, we use the most advanced hair transplant technique, the DHI Total Care System. This is one of the best and most successful hair transplant techniques. In this technique, our surgeon extracts only healthy hair follicles from donor sites and implants them directly into the recipient site. Our surgeons take utmost care when extracting hair follicles. They make sure that there is no minimal damage to hair follicles.
We have helped numerous women get fuller and more natural-looking hair growth. You can be next. Just contact us for more details. Our surgeons will guide you through the process and the vast benefits you might get with the DHI Total Care System.
Happy Hair Transplant Journey!