DHI Hair Transplant: Procedure, Cost & Benefits
Many people experience irritability, lack of confidence, and sadness due to their baldness. It’s because hairs are so crucial and play important role in one’s personality. Everyone wishes for healthy, bouncy hair. However, as people age or due to illness, they frequently begin to lose hair, leading to baldness.
Fortunately, we live in a technologically advanced period where even baldness can be handled and cured. So, if you’re becoming bald, don’t worry. There are ways to get rid of baldness. Learn everything about hair transplantation, including Hair Transplant costs in Delhi.
So, let’s get started…
Hair transplantation, also known as hair restoration, is a permanent treatment that uses advanced technology i.e., Direct Hair Implantation (DHI). In this technique, hair is implanted to balding areas of your scalp and the effects of a hair transplant are visible and permanent.
So, let’s see what DHI is and how it works and why it is the best hair transplant technique.
What is DHI Technique?
Usually, as people age, most people, especially men, start to lose hair. And that’s when people opt for hair transplantation for a permanent solution to hair loss. Hair transplant techniques have been formed to assist restore lost hair.
The three most common techniques are as follows:
- DHI (Direct Hair Implantation)
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
In FUT hair transplantation, a surgeon removes a strip of skin with hair from the back of the patient’s scalp and harvests individual hair follicles to the balding area. While in FUE, a surgeon extracts follicles from your scalp. The follicles are then transplanted into balding areas of your scalp in both operations.
DHI or Direct Hair Implantation is an amendment version of any technique. It is one of the most advanced hairs transplantation techniques. In this technique, a surgeon physically cuts canals in your scalp before they implant hair follicles to the balding region. Hair transplant surgeon uses an advanced tool (implanter and extractor).
| Also Read Hair Restoration – What Are Your Options? |
What is the procedure for direct hair implantation?
DHI is an advanced form of hair implantation technique. In this hair transplantation surgery, the surgeon first extracts hair follicles from your scalp, usually the back of your head, and implants them in the balding area. These follicles gradually produce new hairs.
In the consultation at DHI Clinics, the individuals should know about the hair density and amount of hair required in the DHI procedure.
Here is a step-by-step DHI procedure:
- The first and foremost step of the DHI procedure is to numb the region. To numb the area, local anesthesia is used.
- The surgeon uses an extractor to extract hair follicles one at a time from the donor area. The donor area is located at the back of the scalp above the neck, where the hair is the thickest. If more hairs are required, then they can also be extracted (for men) from the chest and beard hair.
- After collecting the hair, the extracted hair follicles will then be transplanted into the balding area of your scalp. Surgeons specifically use an advanced tool called implanter for implanting hair in the balding region in a DHI session.
- The surgeon will apply an antibiotic cream and a bandage to all affected donor areas.
- All of these procedures are painless because local anesthesia is applied to complete numbness is achieved.
- Usually, the first washing process is carried out at the clinic only after 1 or 2 days by a team of experts. And at the end of 10 days, scabs are washed.
- DHI team will keep in touch with you for the next 12-18 months until the results are visible completely.
- Moreover, you will be advised to take DHI hair vitamin supplements.
Time of The Surgery
Usually, DHI operations typically take about 3-4 hours to complete. However, the actual time depends on the number of hair follicles to be implanted.
Moreover, it takes around 7 to 12 months for visible and natural-looking results.
Who is eligible for DHI?
People suffering from androgenic alopecia are the most significant candidates for hair implantation. Androgenic alopecia is one of the most common hair loss problems among men and women.
Here are the conditions to be eligible for the DHI procedure:
- Hair implant recipients should be over the age of 25.
- Hair implant recipients must have good healthy hair on their scalp that can be implanted into the bald area. Patients with fewer than 40 follicles per square centimeter of hair density at their donor site are considered poor candidates for hair transplants.
- The hair implant recipient’s balding region must have the ability to regrow hair.
- People with hair that matches their skin tone frequently get the best outcomes.
Advantages of DHI Technique
There are numerous advantages of the DHI technique; some of them are as follows:
- The first and foremost advantage of the DHI technique is that it has the highest graft survival rate compared to any other technique with no pain, no scar, and gives maximum density.
- The hair after DHI hair transplantation has a very natural and aesthetic appearance.
- The DHI technique also allows for unshaven application; this implies that DHI recipients, especially women, need not have aesthetic concerns after the procedure.
- The unique and advanced implanter used in the procedure eliminates the need to open channels for the transplantation process and gives full control over the depth, direction of the hair which gives natural-looking results.
- Zero downtime, the patient can resume their daily work routine in a couple of days
The DHI hair transplant cost in Delhi
DHI is the Holy Grail in terms of safety, reliability, experience, technology, endurance, thickness, and natural outcomes, among other techniques. DHI treatment cost is determined only after the medical diagnosis. Your surgeon selects the exact requirement of hairs to achieve the desired result.
DHI Delhi clinic is one of the best hair transplant clinics in Delhi to help people looking for natural and life-changing results. The cost of DHI treatment depends on the following factors:
- The condition of hair loss
- The number of hairs needed to cover the bald region
- Donor hair hygiene, texture, and other features
- Follow safety and hygiene protocols
Usually, DHI hair transplant sessions are a few hours long. However, more than one session may be required to get the desired results in some cases.
To know the exact Hair Transplant Cost in Delhi, we recommend visiting our clinic. Our surgeons would evaluate the situation and help you with your queries regarding DHI treatment in Delhi.